Monday, September 17, 2007

17th September 2007

One of my old homes is up for sale. I had a look at the pictures and it was really quite sad but I did not remember the layout of the house and have no memories of being anywhere but the bedroom. My only three memories of that time are running out of the room and screaming at the top of my lungs for them to stop arguing, standing outside on the veranda during Ash Wednesday (look it up) as the ash fell all around me and lastly looking after a friends Mexican Walking Fish. Pretty depressing really isn't it.

Heres a memory which just popped into my mind. I wanted to go into the city with a friend but Mum wouldn't let me. I must have been about 14 or so. So I just said I was going to hang out at my friends instead. Well we had plans and nothing was going to stop them. So off we went to the station and took a train to the city. See this was at the glorious time when mobile phones were not around, so she had no real way of knowing where I was. The perfect crime. Well if you watched any television you would know that criminals are perhaps the stoopidest people in the world and get caught on camera making all kinds of blunders. And this criminal was no different. It was a weekday and Dad was at work. He was cool, he knew how to keep a secret. Lets go visit him I tell my mate. So into the building we go and up to the receptionist. I ask to see Dad and she calls him to make sure he is in the office. She hangs up and tells us we can go through. We go through the door and down to his office near the back of the building. Dad is sitting there behind the desk with a serious face. It turns out that at the exact time that the secretary calls through; Dad is on the other line to my Mum. So he tells her that I have just arrived at the office. You can imagine my Mothers reaction. Dad tells me the news and said to get back on the train and go home. Oh the tangled web of lies and deceit, you never win. Lady fate is always waiting to strike the weak and stupid.

Did I mention that we have set up your room? Cot has been put together (there is a video of that) and change table etc. We have so many clothes and stuff now. The time draws ever closer. Oh and I have a new favourite name - Emily. It ticks all the boxes for me. Your Mum is going for Ruby………… no chance for that!!!

0 comments: