Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Class reunion - who looks like a bee bit their face.

We went out last night and saw some of your Mums old school friends for the first time in many years. It was strange seeing these faces all matured, some better preserved than others. Edie still looks younger than all of them. Whether its that olive skin that gives the illusion or something else im not sure, she is damn thin which seems to make you look younger, i wouldn't know about that. We went back to the local mall which is where your Mum hung out all the time as a kid and teenager. Even I spent a lot of time there when I was living at my grandparents. It is highly likely that we passed each other on a number of occasions, went to the same movies, ate at the same restaurants, shopped at the same stores. I would love to be able to transport back and see how often we crossed paths. Our subconscious would know as it picks up everything. I wonder if it can be done by hypnosis. I find this idea fascinating, that we would pass as strangers and then one day spend our lives together.

Pips got bitten by a bee on Friday night and we had to rush her off to the animal hospital at 11:30 at night. She puffed up and her heartbeat was very rapid. It seems to happen a lot with these two; six times we have had an emergency of things outside our control. It took her all weekend to recover. She had a nasty scab on her leg where she was bitten. Earlier that night we were at my Auntie Trixie's house for the last get together before my other Auntie and cousins flew off to London. Lilith was fascinated with you; she kept feeling Mums stomach and her eyes would go wide.

Took some great photos of Mum out in the garden holding flowers in a black dress. I cant wait to take pictures of the both of you out there. I think my love of photography is coming back again with a vengeance now i have good subject matter. I have always wanted to take pictures of people rather than places. Bigger challenge.

2 comments:

Mark said...

class of 1930?

Anonymous said...

Found your blog through another in which grandparents was being discussed. I lost my mom almost 4 years ago - at 26 years old. People would ask me when we were going to have a baby and I always said when I was able to think about doing it without my mom. So now that my daughter is almost 2, it still hits me all of the time that I'm doing it without my mom.

All of that to say this - my daughter was looking at our wedding album last night. She pointed to a picture of my mom and said, "Grandma!" I've shown her pictures of my mom and told her it was grandma, but I never knew what would stick. She is too young to know that Grandma is Mommy's mommy, but I hope that this is the start of my daughter feeling like she knows who Grandma was.

Best of luck to you and your family!!!